Welcome to the world of faster sprite loading. I love Gamemaker Studio but all the manual work with loading sprites got me a bit frustrated so I decided to create this tool to make my life, and hopefully yours, easier!
With GM:S Sprite Loader you can quickly add / replace multiple sprites at once to a Gamemaker Studio project.
- Add / replace multiple sprites to a Gamemaker Studio project quickly.
- Collision masks or origins are not changed when replacing sprites so unless size has changed there is no need to manually edit those.
- New sprites can be added to a sprite group (automatically created if it doesn’t already exist).
- The program can be used even if the GM:S project is open (read the documentation).
- Quickly switch between projects using the drop down list of GM:S projects.
- Use drag and drop or file browser.
- Version 1.1 and forward supports the following image formats: png, gif (also animated gifs), bmp and jpg.
- Version 1.2 supports tiff.
Read the documentation HERE
You can use this tool for whatever project you want. If you use it for a game we would love to hear about it! 🙂 The tool is free but donations are always welcome, if there is interest in this tool I will continue to work on it and please also let me know about possible bugs.
You can download the tool for Windows below. The tool needs .NET Framework 2.0 to work, but this should be installed on all Windows machines already. The download includes a version of the documentation, the documentation linked to above may be more recent.
- Support for tiff image format (*.tif, *.tiff).
- Added support for .jpeg extension (.jpg was the only supported extension for jpegs).
- Support for more image formats: png, gif (also animated), jpg and bmp
- Initial release